Ingredients to avoid
1) Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulphate: this harsh, synthetic foaming agent is a known irritant and can cause red rashes, itchiness and dryness on the head and neck. It is extremely good at lifting away dirt, too good in fact and is used in laundry detergents, washing up liquid and even engine degreaser.
2) Parabens: used as cheap preservatives in many synthetic shampoos, conditioners and other cosmetic products, some parabens have been shown to have weak oestrogenic activity when examined in test tube studies. People who are keen to avoid hormone build up in the body often switch to paraben free products; recently there has also been lots of negative press surrounding the use of parabens in personal care products.
3) Synthetic fragrances: perfumes and synthetic fragrances are the biggest causes of skin irritation and allergy to personal care products. When labelling skin care and cosmetics, it is not required to list every ingredient used to fragrance a product, as long as you include the umbrella term ‘parfum’, ‘aroma’ or ‘fragrance’. At Green People we list every ingredient in our products including fragrances, however in synthetic cosmetic products, many brands choose to leave out the names of the cocktail of fragrance giving chemicals so you can never be sure what’s really in your product.
Get happy hair with organic shampoo
Whilst throwing out your synthetic shampoos, conditioners and styling products is definitely beneficial for a naturally balanced scalp and happy hair, you don’t need to go cold turkey to reap the rewards of chemical free hair care.
Green People’s certified organic Shampoos and Conditioners are packed with natural organic ingredients that won’t upset the skin and hair. We use gentle, natural cleansing agents made from coconut that lift dirt and grease away from the scalp without stripping its natural oils or upsetting the skin’s delicate balance. As well as leaving hair clean and fresh, our blend of organic essential oils leaves hair smelling wonderfully fragrant and won’t irritate the skin.
Don’t know which one to choose? Don’t worry, there’s a Green People Natural and Organic Shampoo and matching Conditioner to suit every hair type and because they’re super concentrated, a little goes a very long way!
Here’s our guide on which Shampoo and Conditioner suits you.
The unfussy hair
• If your hair just needs a good thorough clean, use our Daily Aloe Shampoo and Conditioner. For hair that doesn’t need much taming, this everyday duo packs a moisture punch and will leave the whole family’s hair soft, silky and revitalised.
The greasy hair and/or irritated scalp
• If you’re prone to greasy hair or dandruff, try our Irritated Scalp Shampoo and Conditioner. These highly concentrated formulas stimulate the scalp and help keep your hair naturally grease and dandruff free.
The frizzy hair
• For those of you with frizzy, curly or very thick hair, our Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner will tame your unruly locks. Specially formulated to deal with even the most stubborn hair types, our Moisturising duo will transform your birds nest, making it soft, shiny and beautifully obedient.
The damaged hair
• Lots of factors can cause damage to our hair, including colour styling and heat. If your hair has suffered at the hands of your hair dye, heated tongs, or it’s just looking a bit frazzled, use our Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. These fab rescue remedies mend damaged cuticles and leave hair naturally shiny and smooth.
The lifeless hair
• If you’re a hair product junkie, you may be left with a lot of build up on your scalp making hair dull and flat. Leave your hair squeaky clean and build up free with our Clarifying Vitamin Shampoo and Conditioner. Formulated with a pineapple enzyme called Bromelain, this dynamic duo gently breaks down the bonds of dead skin and product build up that’s sitting on the scalp and lifts it away to give hair extra bounce.
The sporty hair
• For beach goers and sports fanatics, our Sun & Sports Shampoo and Conditioner come in ideal gym bag or hand luggage friendly sizes for clean healthy hair on the go. With organic active ingredients that repair UV damage, get rid of chlorine and gently exfoliate the scalp, this natural duo gives active hair a break.
The young hair
• Don’t fret, we didn’t forget the kids! Our Organic Babies Baby Wash & Shampoo in Lavender and Scent Free are specially formulated to be gentle on young skin.